Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jen's "Wonder Women"

Some amazing women from our home ward in CT participated in a 199 mile race ending up in Boston. They made T-shirts and called themselves "Jen's Wonder Women".

My mom hasn't driven more than 1 hour outside of our home since last December. She wanted to go support these tired women who had been running for over 48 hours but was nervous about going to Boston.
But she did it.

They even made her a shirt


It was pretty emotional for everyone

Ummm--I think you're facing the wrong way mom (hehe)

Here are her girls with a big hug!

The last leg of the race! My mom got to walk with them the last 1/4 mile

She does love her girls!

I want some of those socks!

her heart was full!
Thanks girls!
Everyone wants to be involved in my mom's cancer process because we all love her so much. Thanks to those who have run, bike ridden, shaved your head, brought food, given rides, taken care of my dad and brothers, made bracelets, gifted wigs, hats, hugs, kisses, times, and other presents , etc. for my mom. She may not like to be in the spotlight--but she certainly is the light of our lives!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful group of supportive friends. Thank you for caring and for your efforts. I'm so glad she has you all!

    ReplyDelete